What are your COVID-19 Policies that I need to follow?
• We are by appointment only and will be taking limited appointments Mondays-Saturdays (with Luxe Appointments available on Sundays) and at this time we can’t accommodate walk-ins
• Brides are encouraged to bring only 1 guest (we plan to more fully re-open in accordance with the mandates from the Dane County Health Departments, but brides on Saturdays are at most able to bring 3 guests, with more availability on weekdays)
• Please arrive on time for your appointment. We are leaving extra time for cleaning/sanitizing and preparation between appointments and may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive before your time!
• All brides and guests must bring and wear masks
• Curbside Contactless Pick-Up appointments are available for customers who would like to take their items home without entering the store
• If you, your guest, or someone you have been around is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you must cancel and reschedule your appointment
• We are happy to offer Virtual Appointments to anyone who is high-risk for COVID-19 or is uncomfortable visiting our salon and would rather shop from home
• We are encouraging brides and their guests to remain in their large private showroom during their appointment to reduce the foot traffic in the store and allow for social distancing
• Only stylists will be selecting gowns off our racks. Normally we encourage guests to help shop our stockroom, but we need to limit the number of people touching our gowns
Please note that these policies are subject to change and we will update them as we have more information on what the Dane County Health Department recommend.
How are you helping me stay safe during my appointment?
• Appointments will be modified to allow for social distancing between staff and guests
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the store
• Additional cleaning and disinfecting measures will be taken for the store in high traffic areas, showrooms, and common spaces
• We are limiting the number of guests in the store at a given time in accordance with suggestions from the CDC and Dane County Health Department
We are doing what we can to keep everyone safe and feeling comfortable at our salon. If you have any questions on our policies, please let us email us at email@example.com.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, for the foreseeable future, we will be by appointment only as we need to limit the number of customers in our store at a time.
When should I order my wedding dress?
Styles in the bridal industry are always changing, so we encourage brides to purchase whenever they are sure they have found "the one" to limit the chances of their dream dress being discontinued. Because of ordering times and the time it takes for alterations, we suggest brides start looking at Vera’s for their gown 9+ months out from the big day. Though many brides choose to come much sooner!
Do you carry bridal gowns in my size?
Yes, we do! We know how important it is to try on styles that actually fit, so we carry gowns in every size from 2 to 32! Brides often tell us on how great our selection is for curvier brides. We have over 150 gorgeous plus size styles!
What is your price range for gowns?
We have gorgeous gowns in every price range from $700 to over $7000! Most of our gowns are between $1000-$2000. Just let your stylist know where you are comfortable and she will help you find the perfect gown!
Are brides allowed to look through the bridal gowns myself?
Yes, absolutely! You are always welcome to shop all of our gowns and choose which gowns you want to try on. You know your personal style best! But in an effort to keep everyone safe due to COVID-19, we ask that you let your stylist pull gowns from our racks. Just let her know which gowns caught your eye and she would be happy to bring them to your showroom for you to try on.
How long are bridal appointments?
Bridal appointments are 2 hours and we have to stick pretty closely to that schedule. We have over 700 gowns to shop and we want you have time to shop our extensive selection!
What should I bring with me to my appointment?
We have long-line bras and slips for anyone who would like to borrow one for the appointment. But you are more than welcome to bring whatever you are most comfortable in! Some brides find it helpful wear a strapless bra.
How long will it take for my dress to come in?
It can take 5-6 months for a bridal gown to arrive and bridesmaids’ and mothers’ dresses tend to take about 4-5 months. Don't have that much time? Some styles can be ordered with rush shipping (which takes about 12 weeks) and many brides prefer to select our showroom gowns as we sell most of the gowns that we have in house!
Do you do alterations?
We don't offer alterations on our gowns, but we have a long list of wonderful seamstresses (even in surrounding states) that our brides can use!
Are you open on Sunday?
Yes! But just for our Luxe Appointments. We are open Monday-Saturday for our regular appointments too!
Do you offer discounts on bridal gowns?
We are happy to say that we price all of our merchandise at the lowest price that the designers will allow, which is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Which means we can't reduce our prices more, but many brides have told us that our non-discounted gowns are priced lower than other stores “reduced price”!